Hi All! Just wanted to let you know I am doing FREE sessions for Military families through Christmas. If you know someone out there that has a spouse that is deployed and wants photos of theirself with their kids or just pics of the kids I want to shoot them! Not only will I be doing the session free but I'll also be making a show of the images (if they want me to ) to share with them overseas. Holidays are an even tougher time four our service Men and Women and I would love to give them amazing art of their family to make their holiday a little brighter. Spread the word and tell them to call me asap, I'll take good care of them, but then again you already knew that right!

Thanks Friends!


Nick O'Donnell has been a professional wedding photojournailst for 15 years. He was chosen as PPSO's photographer of the year for, Picked for the Knot magazines Best of List, and Won Album of the year three years straight. This blog is his photographic life. This is real life as Art.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shelby and Adam, Rain, Rain Go Away...






Shelby and Adam's wedding was in Sandusky Ohio the last week of October. I was fortunate enough to photograph Adam's Brother Rob's wedding 3 years ago and His wife, Ala (who introduced Shelby and Adam) recommended me for their wedding. I couldn't be more thankful for a recommendation. This wedding had all the makings of "The Perfect Wedding" A gorgeous church, a beautiful wedding party, adorable ring bearers and flower girls, awesome backdrops, time to do whatever I we wanted and of course a wonderful couple. All the great things you need, accept the weather. I have to admit, the first thing I thought when I walked outside after the wedding and saw the rain pouring down was "crap!" We had planned for about two or three hours of photos outside at 3 different locations. I was really looking forward to shooting outside! Well we went on to Adam's Grandparents home on the lake and shot inside near the windows and actually went out in the rain with the umbrella for a few shots, we really milked the rain for all we could and subsequently completely gave up on shooting outside. So our last shot before we left for the reception was a really fun shot of the wedding party all piled of the front steps of the house huddled together to keep warm, and as we helped everyone get into the limo I looked up from the corner of my eye to see the slightest hint of a sunset peering though the dark and ominous clouds that ruined our plans for outside shots. I honestly felt like god had parted the clouds just for Shelby and Adam to do a few outside shots. I ran into the house and told Shelby we have to go outside. (Normally I would have asked, or given the option for going outside for a few more shots, but I knew I wasn't going to get a no from them!) We shot for less than five minutes and got the images I feel define Shelby and Adams wedding. When I finished with the sunset pics I shouted out a huge "BOOYAH!" ran up to S&A and let them see them on my camera. After Shelby saw the images she said four simple words to me that I will never forget for the rest of my life, They had such an impact on me and what I do for my clients that I honestly could never tell her how much they meant to me as a wedding photographer.

"You Saved My Wedding"

I knew we were all disappointed that it was raining but I know Shelby knew I was going to do everything I could to make sure she had images that portrayed the love and personality that She and Adam share. Shelby and Adam, thank you, sincerely, for the opportunity to work with you and your families, the pleasure was all mine!! Click 'Find a Wedding' to the left to view all the images. - Nick

No comments: